Before I had kids I don't think I realized what a war bedtime can be. I remember my pre-children days where I just assumed that children get tired and put themselves to bed without a fight. Is that how it works at your house? It is definitely not the case at ours. For years now, we have battled bedtime. I am pleased to say that the last month or so, our bedtime routine has gone quite smoothly. Here is what it entails. Around 7:45 - 8:00 p.m. we give our kids a five minute warning. After the five minutes (that sometimes stretches to 10 while I build up enough stamina for the ensuing war) we herd the kids upstairs to put on p.j.'s and brush teeth. Then we pick out a few books to read, (insert another fight over what to read here) and then it is off to tuck them in. At this point, Connor gathers all of his bedding and makes a bed for himself on the floor in the bathroom. (I am hoping this is just a phase.) While Parker gathers up all of his trucks and heads straight for our room. After carefully placing every truck he owns on our bed, we tuck Parker (and all of the trucks) in for the night. After winding my music box we can kiss him goodnight with confidence that they are down for the night. We couldn't resist this picture of the trucks all tucked in for bed.
3 comments:
The tucking the trucks thing in for bed is hilarious! And Connor sleeping in the bathroom? Your kiddies are hilarious!! What fun little personalities they have!
I feel your pain with the bedtime routine. I have never seen anyone cover up their little trucks for nighty night. That is too funny!
That is hylarious. Kids are so particular. Eva takes a pile of horse to bed with her everynight too.
Post a Comment