

As of today, we will be moving in 14 days. I don't think the reality of this has totally sunk in yet, but Jeremy and I are beginning to realize this is really going to happen! (Everything has happened so fast that we have kind of been holding our breath.) Since it is still a bit too early to start packing, I have started planning out what color I am going to paint the walls, and where (and how) the furniture will get set up in the new house. I know I am kind of a color freak, and my unwritten "No wall left behind" rule is kind of silly, but it is fun to plan and dream anyway. I think my love of color, and my Color Theory class at Weber State (one of my best classes ever!) has left me a little bit of a color snob, and a little overly analytical about choosing colors. So, my husband will probably claim that this blog entry is a whole bunch of artist b-s, but here are the color palates I have chosen and a short reasoning on how I came to these colors. (I did run all of the colors in this blog past my husband and I am under the impression that we are in agreement that these colors would be suitable options for us.)
For the Main Living Areas I have chosen a cream, gold, dark reddish-brown, and an grey based olive green color. Each different space will have one of the colors as the main color and then will be accented in the remaining colors. I tried to pick colors that I thought all looked good together so that there is a nice flow from one space to another. The floor plan is fairly open and I wanted the colors to be complementary enough to create a good sense of continuity throughout the space. This should create a warm, peaceful atmosphere. (I admit, that was a little artist b-s.) The bedrooms each have their own individual color palates because they are not open to the rest of the living areas of the house. I found new bedding for each of the boys rooms in these colors and loved them instantly. So, the color choices for thier rooms was relatively easy. The color choices for the Master Bedroom are the same as in our current house because we just barely finished decorating our current bedroom and really love the color palate in there. (Jeremy actually picked out the colors for our room. He did a great job, I absolutely love the cool calming effect that these colors have.) Anyway, that is my moving update. I am excited to get past the moving in part, and on to the "making the house my own part." Thanks for indulging a somewhat psycotic color freak! I'll keep you updated.
5 comments:
Can't wait to see it all when it's done. I am totally on the same page with you so you are not psychotic. Or maybe you are and so am I. Either way color is definately a good thing! I am so excited for you.
cool colors. want to do my house?
I love color too, which is why not having the time to paint is very frustrating. Kelly said I could paint any room in the house except the front room (he likes the classic white). But I still haven't been able to make this house MINE yet.
Love your color choices. You are so amazing! It will look beautiful. Color is a very good thing. It is a way to show your personality in your home. Go for it baby!
So.....when I move, you'll help me with mine, right? I'm so boring. Even in the first house I owned I left the walls completely white. I'll probably do it in my next too unless someone decides to intervene. What does this say about me? Do I have commitment issues??
Post a Comment