Friday, September 5, 2008

The Bionicle Craze


Connor was so excited to get a birthday invitation this week from one of his little buddies. He was even more excited when he realized he had saved up enough money to buy himself something at the toy store when we went to pick out the birthday gift. Connor settled on a Bionicle (thank you Caden and Broden for introducing him to the joy of Bionicle's) and decided that Branson would enjoy one too. Connor tried his best to keep what he got Branson a secret, but he really wanted Branson to see his Bionicle after it was all built. Branson was very impressed, and even suggested that Connor could get him one for his birthday. Connor turned to him and said "Just one minute, I need to talk to my Mom. Privately." Connor dragged me upstairs in an excited fit of hystarics and was ecstatic that Branson really would like what we got him. It was such a cute moment. We spent the rest of the afternoon trying to throw Branson off track by telling him we got him an Elmo toy, or a motorcycle. Everytime we would try to trick him Connor would glance over at me with a big smile and a huge thumbs up. It was one of those moments as a parent that is so funny and touching all at the same time. I am so lucky to have Connor. I love you buddy!

4 comments:

Mara said...

that is really cute, what a sweet boy.

Lara said...

I just love that he was so excited for Branson. What a little sweetheart.

P.S. - Every time I see Ben and Connor at school holding hands my heart melts. Oh, to be that innocent again...

Herget Family said...

What a cute picture. I need to start taking pictures of my kids with their friends so that they can remember the good friends they had before they all MOVE AWAY!
Branson came home telling me how you guys were tricking him and saying his present was an Elmo toy. He thought it was pretty funny. The Bionicle was a big hit. Thanks!

Shill and Company said...

Cute story. Connor is such a great kid. Looks like they will have fun playing with their Bionicle's together. I love the picture. They are so dang cute!