Monday, February 23, 2009

Things you should never say. . .


You would think that by now, I would have learned to stay away from phrases such as:
"My child would NEVER do THAT!"
Or, "Actually, I think my child is out of that phase now."
Or, my latest sin, "My children must be maturing.  We haven't had a major destruction for awhile."

Yes folk, I said it.  (And Alyson, just for the record, I am regretting it.)  Jeremy and I were just telling some friends this last tuesday, by friday evening my children had bitten through the protective plastic on the mouse cord rendering it useless AND spilled root beer on the keyboard.
  
Luckily we had an extra mouse laying around.  However, we aren't so lucky with the keyboard.  Looking on the bright side, I guess the keyboard isn't TOTALLY broken.  It types most of the letters, although sometimes the shift key gets stuck and we are suck typing in all caps.  However that make it hard when you need to type in any punctuation, or numbers.  (The ten key section is non-functioning at the moment too.) THE BIG KICKER, is the spacebar.  Say good by to separating words.  (I am currently at my in-laws on their computer.)  I tried to blog this earlier, but it was insanely long.  Having to insert a ">" or press return in between each word. 

May I just add that this all happened in one afternoon.  When I realized the problem later that night I decided to drowned my sorrows in some leftover pizza from the night before.  When I got to the fridge, this is what I found.  It was so kind of my kids to leave me some pizza.  Who can blame them for wanting to eat the best part of the pizza, the CRUST!  After all of it.  I had a good laugh, reheated my crustless pizza, and went to bed.  Isn't the power of sleep amazing!
Connor feels like this is entry has gone on long enough.  (He would also like to take a turn on a fully functioning computer.)  So, in his behalf, I will tell the story the way he said it should be written.

"One day, one of my kids went to the computer and the mouse was broken.  The End."

6 comments:

Lara said...

Silly boys! It is a fairly strict rule that my kids cannot eat or drink near the computer. But for some reason I think that is the hardest rule for them to obey. Why is it that our kids love to eat/drink while on the computer? I guess maybe for the same reason why I love to eat in front of the TV. :D
I love Connors shortened version of the story. He's so cute?

laura s. said...

I love how Connor is strangely innocent in his version of the story. That's how my kids would've told it too!

Alyson said...

It was our control key that got broken. I ended up buying a new keyboard. I believe I mentioned how I regretted saying my kids were getting easier to Chrissy. Guess we've both learned our lesson.

Wendy said...

Don't you just love going to the fridge or cupboard for that certain something only to find it "Missing"? Good luck with that keyboard!

Amy said...

1) Put your keyboard in the bathtub. Not plugged in, of course)
2) Fill bathtub with cold water.
3) Agitate keyboard. (No, don't make it mad, just swish it around)
4) Hang keyboard to dry for a day or two. Once you are sure it's dry inside and out, let it dry for a day or two more.
5) When all is dry, plug it back in and cross your fingers.
Note: It should work again... But if it doesn't, at least it will smell nice and you can smile at the fact that it is clean.

Megan said...

Hmmm... who's story should I believe... Lauren's or Connor's?