I've spent the last few days updating my the look of my blog, and as a result, I have spent a lot of time looking at old pictures of our little family. I am left with a great sense of gratitude for my family. I am pretty darn lucky. I have two great kids, one more on the way, and a wonderful husband. Who could ask for anything more? I know I have posted many stories about all of the crazy mischief that my kids get into. I am sure that more than once I have whined, or complained about the difficulties of being a mother. But tonight, I am very grateful to be just that, a mother. What a wonderful blessing.In primary this year, our chorister is teaching a song called "The Family is of God." Despite having a catchy tune, it has a wonderful message. The chorus is my favorite, it says:
'God gave us families,
to help us become what he wants us to be.
This is how he shares his love,
for the family is of God.'
I think this has got to be the greatest primary song ever. I am so very grateful for my family, and the love that I feel through them. Besides, if my kids weren't so silly and inventive, life would be pretty boring. I realize that I am going to regret that comment, but it's true. So many of their crazy ideas and adventures bring a bunch of joy and laughter that brightens up my day. (It is also the cause of a lot work too, but maybe I need a bit of an attitude adjustment some days. . .)
5 comments:
What a beautiful post. The words to the song are simple yet filled with such meaning. I think its a helpful reminder to give thanks for those that we see each day especially as the world is such a chaotic and busy place.
Your blog looks great. I love the photos..
Cousin Kerry
Lauren,
Gratitude sure is powerful. Thanks for the great reminder. Now I'm just wondering when you are coming over to make my blog cute too.
those are some cute kids. and i like the new blog look.
It's funny how sometimes it will just hit you how blessed we are. I had a moment this afternoon while saying the prayer for lunch. I got all choked up saying how thankful I was for my family. Something I say often but for some reason it just hit home. Thanks for sharing that beautiful song. I hope my kids learn it this year.
By the way...I LOVE your new blog layout. I really need help with mine. Any tips?
I love that song. I am going to look it up after this. I have really been appreciating my family as well. I get so much comfort out of the fact that the world around us could be crumbling to the ground but our families are forever. The poeple in my family are my favorite people to hang out with. I love them! Thanks for sharing your feelings about your family. We love you guys!
Post a Comment