Well if you thought it was mild weather this weekend (70 degrees in the valley today) it was much 'milder' at 10,300 ft. Connor got to go backpacking with Jeremy and his brothers (Jeff, Terry and Zach). They hiked in to Long Lake, which is two miles up the Crystal Lake Trail Head. He did great on the his first hike, as he learned to not complain and be a man. Connor caught his first fish and it is was a keeper (or close enough for a 6 year old). Parker was very distraught when his dad brought the dead fish home and told him that we were going to cook it and eat it. Turns out Parker likes fish cooked with bacon.
What a great bunch of guys! I'm sure Connor was thrilled to be included with the BIG boy trip this year! I think his smile says it all-toothless and all!
5 comments:
Way to go Connor!
Frankly, what isn't good cooked with bacon?
Ben caught his first fish this summer too. What a trooper Connor is. Now he knows how to hang with the big boys. How fun for him!
PS - I was sad to see that Ben and Connor are not in the same class. Boo Hoo.
What a neat trip! Very exciting for Connor. My Cousins are looking well. Huge backpacks!!
Take Care,
Cousin Kerry
What a great bunch of guys! I'm sure Connor was thrilled to be included with the BIG boy trip this year! I think his smile says it all-toothless and all!
Congrats Connor! Looks like a blast!
Post a Comment