Saturday, January 3, 2009

One more makes 5. . .

Yes, it is true.  We are expecting.  I know, I know, it's like a miracle.  Pretty scared about having more children than hands, but we are very excited for this new addition which should be arriving around July 22nd.  Jeremy can't wait to have a new little one around the house and the boys couldn't be happier.  (Although they can't decide what would be cooler, a little brother or a little sister.)
This time around, my pregnancy has been very different.  I know I have had it terribly easy in the past, but this pregnancy has been a whole different story.  I haven't done much besides fix meals and sit on the couch in fetal position for weeks now.  I am getting tired of feeling crummy and exhausted.  I hope that these things subside in the next few weeks as I enter my second trimester. We added a new widget so that you can follow our progress.  I am already tired seeing that there are 200 days to go, but, take hope in the fact that the last 12 weeks have flown by.  Wish me luck!  (I think I am gonna need it.)

14 comments:

Lara said...

We are so excited for you guys!! So sorry to hear about the yuckiness that you have been feeling. Just send the boys over whenever you are feeling bad. We'd love to have them!

Carrie said...

Congrats Lauren! It is a fun time when you feel okay. My first couple seemed to be a breeze, and then I think I started getting older....anyways, good luck. Keep us informed.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am SO excited for you two and the boys. July eh? I'll have to keep that in mind. Take good care.

Love & Hugs,

Cousin Kerry

laura s. said...

Yay!! I've heard theories relating to extra sickness when it's a girl because of the baby's estrogen and your own making you feel extra sick... I know things were WAY different when I was pregnant with the twins. (3x the estrogen! Oh I could share stories of the side effects of that!)

Anyway, congratulations!

Amanda said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! YIPPY congrats... three is not so bad when 'everybody else is doing it'... this will be wonderful. we find out what we are having on the 6th! :)

bonnie jack said...

yay! congratulations! i knew you secretly wanted another one. hopefully this one won't multiply the mischief too terribly...

Brook said...

Congratulations!

I got progressively sicker with each pregnancy. It was so yucky. I was so relieved when Ella finally arrived I really wanted to break out into song in the delivery room. I hope you get feeling better soon. I will say that the only thing different with my pregnancy with Ella was that I didn't get migraines. With the boys weeks about 13-18 I would get horrible headaches that the Dr. said was caused by hormones. I didn't get them with her. Maybe because she was a girl or maybe because God doesn't give you any trials that you can't handle and there was no way I could have done 3 kids, a foreign country, a deployed husband AND a migraine!

Best wishes for a healthy, easy next 6 months followed by a calm, sweet baby! I'm hoping for pink then I can have someone else to make hair bows for!

Brook

Mara said...

glad its you and not me! congrats and let me know if I can help. I am a grat personal grocery shopper. Just give me the list

Wendy said...

Congratulations Lauren! You didn't want to announce it at the family Christmas Eve party? Hope the sickness goes away soon...only 199 more days! Aunt Wendy

Herget Family said...

I had a hunch! I have been waiting to hear the news. Congrats!

Amy said...

Hooray for buns in the oven! I know how you feel. Curling up the on the couch was what I wanted to do the whole time I was pregnant. (But I ended up with a boy...huh). Well, I hope you are surprised with whatever you secretly hope for. (I'm rooting for a girl, but I like boys, too) Congrats!

Shill and Company said...

I am so excited for you guys! Three is an awesome number of children. Who knows perhaps this could be #3 and #4. Don't you just love me for saying that? Hope that you are feeling a lot better now!

Maren said...

Congratulations! I wish you the best!

And there's nothing wrong with three kids...

Barnes said...

Congrats Davis'!! We are due 5 days apart!! So fun to have another July baby don't you think?
P.S. send me your email address and I'll invite you view...heatherhanks18@hotmail.com