
I believe in rules and laws that keep us safe and organized. I try my best not to speed or run red lights, and I definitely don't try to drive against the flow of traffic. Then why, why can I not follow the very rules I created in my home? This picture was taken after I took a very delicious plate of spaghetti upstairs to my bed room to enjoy a little bit of peace and quiet during lunch. I know that Jeremy and I have clearly stated to the kids that we do not allow food or drink off of the tile in the kitchen/dining room area, but that doesn't apply to the Mom. Right? WRONG!!!! This is just one of the lovely stains I got to clean up after dropping my plate of spaghetti at the top of the stairs. Sauce and noodles (not to mention my plate) bounced from one stair to the next all the way down the bottom. I guess it doesn't matter how old I get, I will always be trying to learn the basics.
Just a side note. . . I did get all of the spaghetti sauce out of the carpet. Thank Heavens for carpet cleaners!
6 comments:
I'm glad you clarified....it kind of looks like puke at first!
I am so sorry....but glad to hear it came out.
Funny thing is I have another friend that blogged a similar experience. She has virtual triplets (they adopted a boy and then six months later adopted a set of twin girls,)that are 2 years old and then thy have 3 older children. The picture of the spilled berry smoothy down the stairs, up the wall and across the hall, at first appeared common place for her family situation. Then she revealed it was her mishap. We are all human. Don't be too hard on yourself.
i'm glad you have a sense of humor about it. i'm sorry you had to clean it up. :)
Darn, that's no fun, I'm glad you got it out of the carpet :)
P.S.
Mom's don't have rules ;)
P.P.S.
I didn't know you were pregnant! I just noticed your widget, congratulations!
Oh, I am glad to hear this was not anyones throw up. But sad that you had to clean this up especially because pregnant tummies tend to be unstable. This is totally something that would happen to me. I feel you. I love eating in front of the TV. The rule in our house is the kids eat at the table but the mommies and daddies can eat wherever they want. And when they get their own house they can make up their own rules. We are so mean!
Oh no. That really stinks that it fell in several areas. I hate scrubbing carpet stains! I hope that you have learned your lesson little Miss!
Post a Comment