Saturday, August 30, 2008

House For Sale!


About two weeks ago Jeremy and I found a house for sale in the neighborhood just up the street from ours. On a whim, we decided to go check it out. We really liked it so, we decided to put our house on the market. To make a long story short, here is the time line of our move.


Saturday, August 16th (14 days ago) - We found a beautiful house with a gorgeous backyard, third car garage, and a 2nd floor laundary room. (for a very reasonable price)


Monday, August 18th (12 days ago) - We called our neighbor (and real estate agent) Rachel, and had her take us through the house.


Tuesday, August 19th (11 days ago) - We went to see the house again. Loved it even more the second time. (it has great bones, Jeremy and I can take care of all the decorating/making it cute stuff) Jeremy and I decided to put our house up for sale, in hopes we could sell ours before the other house sold.


Tuesday-Saturday - Cleaning, weeding, staging, and organizing to get ready to list the house.


Saturday, August 23rd (7 days ago) Rachel came and took pictures of our house. By Saturday evening, the house was listed, and there were pictures up on the MLS (multipul listing service.)


Monday Morning, August 25th (5 days ago) - Connor's kindergarten orientation. When we got home, Rachel called to say that she had schedualed our very first showing.


Tuesday Morning, August 26th (4 days ago) - We recieved an offer on our house!


Wednesday, August 27th (3 days ago) - We accepted the offer, and put an offer on the other house.


Friday, August 29th (yesterday) - Our offer got accepted.


Pending everything goes as planned we are moving September 18th. Things are happening so fast! Who sells their house to the first viewers on the first possible day you could show it. Some thing is telling me this might be meant to be. I realize that everything could fall apart, which would be sad, but I don't know that I would be suprized. Everything is happening so fast, I don't think the whole situation has totally sunk in yet.


MOVING IN 19 DAYS!!!!!!!!!


7 comments:

Lara said...

That is so crazy! I am so happy for you guys! Let us know what we can do. We'd love to watch your boys for you if you ever need it! And Lee can definately help with the move.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is amazing. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house!!! ...And I thought you weren't going to move eh??? Good Luck and Congrats!

Cousin Kerry

Maren said...

What. The. Heck!!!

Where did this come from??!! This is Maren, btw, and I'm not too happy about this unless you are moving close.

We need to talk.

Congratulations anyway.

And who DOES sell a house to the first showing the first day???

Shill and Company said...

What a crazy few weeks! It really doesn't surprise me that your home sold so quickly. It is simply beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with your next home.

Thank you for at least finding another home close by. Now promise me that we'll still see you a lot and I won't tamper with your sale.

Mara said...

I'm so excited!!!Red Rover Red Rover send the Davis's right over. Our book club is reading Glass Castles this month. You should come with me to book club and meet some new neighbors

bonnie jack said...

wow! weird. and cool. have fun moving!

Amanda said...

Bahh! I had no idea.. what good friend i am... gezeee. i'm still reading all your other posts... blog looks AMAZING... just like your beautiful kitchen! (im' glad you commented on my blog otherwise i would have never of known your blog was up and running!) miss ya sista!