Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dirty Feet in the Jungle Deep

So, I've told more than one person through the years that I'm a little bit country, and my husband, we'll he's a little bit rock 'n' roll. My two boys have decided to take their Dad's side of the issue, and they LOVE to rock. Connor and Parker's new favorite thing to do is drive around with their dad and listen to a little bit of rock 'n' roll. He has introduced them to the finer things: Michael Jackson (they can't get enough of 'Beat It' and 'Thriller' is also a good one,) and select songs from Jeremy's favorite band, AC/DC.

Well, Jeremy has obviously been particular about what AC/DC songs he introduces to the boys. No 'Highway to Hell' or 'Hell's Bells' (or songs of that nature or content) allowed. Basically, they get to listen to 'T.N.T.' (or as they say it: 'T.M.T.') and 'The Jack'. As a joke, we let them listen to the first few lines of 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap'. But quickly changed song because, let's face it, who really wants their children to know what dirty deeds done dirt cheap are. Obviously not child appropriate. That seemed to be the end of it.

Until. . .



I got a call from the neighbor.


I guess she's a little bit rock 'n' roll too, because she was laughing so hard she could barely contain herself. Connor had been over at her house singing the first line of his new favorite song over, and over. "Dirty Feet in the Jungle Deep." I was a little bit mortified. The neighbor was having a fit of side-splitting laughter. He sang it well enough that she knew what he was actually trying to sing, and I must admit, it is kind of hilarious. Thank heavens he didn't know the real words! It makes me wonder if I should get his ears checked.

Then again, maybe not!

3 comments:

Lara said...

I have come to the conclusion that your boys need their own reality show. I think the world needs some Connor and Parker comic relief.

I thought it was funny when my kids came home one day singing "We will, we will ROCK YOU!" but Connor definately takes the cake! That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time!!!!

Wendy said...

Don't ya just love to hear things like that from the neighbors...or better yet, their Primary teacher?

Megan said...

Ha ha ha! That is so funny and adorable!