Saturday, May 30, 2009

Parker's Thoughts on Pregnancy

For months now, Parker has assumed that since I have a baby in my tummy he must have one in his as well.  (We have tried to tell him that is impossible but. . .)  Here are his thoughts on pregnancy this week.

1.  Parker told me his belly was aching yesterday.  I asked him if he needed to go potty, and suggested that it might help.  He told me, "No mom,  I don't need to go potty.  It's just my baby going crazy in there."


2.  I took Parker with me to my last doctor's appointment.  You know those appointments where the check your urine, listen to the baby's heart beat, and measure how fat you are getting.  Nothing too damaging or traumatizing, right?  Well, that night as I was helping him get ready for bed I was asking all of the basic questions.

"Did you brush your teeth?"
"Yup!"
"Did you go potty?"
"Yup!  I even tested my pee."
After a short pause I asked, "Parker, did you pee in the toothbrush cup?"
"Yup, but don't worry Mom, I dumped it in the potty once I was done."

Yes, I grabbed the cup and cleaned/sanitized it MANY times.
No, I don't think Parker will be coming to anymore doctor appointments with me.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all children have had an experience or two peeing in a cup, etc. I remember once peeing in a mixing bowl when I was really young. I think we may have been camping and my mom was afraid I'd fall into the biffy...more likely I was afraid I'd fall in. Luckily, I'm big enough now that it's not a problem. Though biffies can be dangerous - one may sprain ones ankle when exiting. ;)

Wendy said...

Oh, my goodness he's too funny! When I was little we were shopping in Sears and I had to GO...so I just sat down on one of the display toilets and went! My mom was mortified!

Brook said...

Haha! That boy would fit in perfect around here. I love the logic "Well I dumped it in the potty!". Too funny. I had one that was peeing in the bathroom trash can. When I finally found the source of the nasty smell he said "Yes it was me. I can stand by the toilet and get it in the can from all the over there!" He was so proud of himself which was not the result I was looking for.

Boys.

Brook

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY! I love the first story where the baby is going crazy in Parker's stomach. How cute! I am glad to hear that the fun continues.

Kerry

Mara said...

HILARIOUS! and gross. I'm glad you share these stories I needed a good laugh. I think you are right though- no more trips to the doctor for him. Can you just imagine what he would come up with if he saw you with your feet in the stirrups?

Megan said...

What a funny boy! Those appointments do get tricky when you have to take kids...

Lara said...

Your boys have such great imaginations! I love it! Thanks for the laugh. I was in a little grumpy but have come out of it laughing thanks to Parker!

Wendy said...

We got good news last night...Jonathan and Kristen are expecting in January! It will be fun to see what William thinks about the whole thing when he's a little older.

Amy said...

heh, heh. That's great. I'll have to keep in mind what might happen if I take my little guy to my Dr appts.

Shill and Company said...

Okay the peeing in the cup by Parker is one of the most hilarious Parker stories I have heard yet. LOVE that boy!