Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Parker "Surprise" Cookies

Just the other day I was craving cookies, so I enlisted the help of both of my children to make them.  We happened to be over at my in-laws house, so the boys put on a few of Grandma's aprons and patiently waited while I scrambled around a somewhat unfamiliar kitchen to find all of the necessary ingredients.  I thought things had gone pretty well, until I found these odd white chunks in the dough.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what the chunks could possibly be.  I even tasted one to see if I could determine what it was.  Soon, I had my mother-in-law join the quest to figure out what could have possibly happened to the cookie dough.  I was about to give up and throw out the dough when Valerie (my mother-in-law) had a stroke of insight.  She asked Parker if he had put something into the mixer.

Sure enough, he had added his own personal stamp to our batch of cookies.  A stale piece of bread.  We decided that we weren't afraid of a little bread, so dug out the biggest chunks and we cooked them anyway.  Surprisingly, they didn't turn out half bad.  You couldn't even notice the extra texture although I am sure my body had to recognize the extra carbs.

However, don't worry, I think that if I ever cook for people other than my immediate family I will forego the help and cook solo for awhile.

Cookies anyone? 

2 comments:

Shill and Company said...

That is such a funny story! I can't believe that you made cookies in someone else's kitchen. You must have one STRONG craving.

Lara said...

I love Parker! I wonder if he was thinking that they would taste way better with a little bread. That is so cute!