Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter and the Firehouse Field Trip


I realize  that I have been MIA from the blogging world for a few weeks, so I thought I would post a few pictures of what has been going on at our house lately.

We celebrated Easter of course.  We had a great time at our annual Easter Egg Hunt at the Costley's.  Grandma Valerie bought the boys these outfits for church (which were the 'grand prize' at the easter egg hunt.)  We loved visiting with Costley's, and the boys especially loved the horse rides, petting the bunnies, feeding the chickens, holding the snake. . . the list goes on forever and ever.  Costley's house is a very fun place to visit.
My Dad took these great pictures of the boys after Easter dinner at his house.  I must apologize about the quality.  (Sorry Dad, I'll have to post the pictures again later, when I have the digital files.)  I was too lazy to hook the scanner up to scan the images in, so please excuse the glare and the slight distortion.
They look super handsome in their new suits, but they are still definitely boys.  I am so glad they have such a good time together.
I thought their expressions in this one were so funny, and priceless at the same time.
I also got to go on a preschool field trip to the Firehouse with Parker last week.  This is a picture of his cute little class standing on the front of the fire truck.
Parker was one of the only kids who wanted to try on all of the Fireman's gear.  This hat was SUPER heavy.  I am surprised he was able to wear it long enough for me to snap a picture.
He tried on the boots and the pants, but the boots were so big and heavy he couldn't move.
Needless to say, we decided he needs to grow just a bit before he can be a 'real' fireman.   This coat is as big as he is tall.
The fireman let the kids explore the ambulance.  I think they had a great time learning about all that the fire fighters do.  I found it very interesting to see all of the gear that gets put on these trucks.  Thank heavens for public service workers.  I don't know what we would do without firefighters, paramedics, police officers, and sanitation engineers.  I came home with a great appreciation for all that they do.  I think that the preschool kids did too.  Can you imagine being 4 and getting to explore a fire truck?  What a dream!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The boys are soooo cute in their new styling suits. They are growing so fast. I have friends who are firefighters and it is amazing to hear some of the stories of their experiences. I bet you had a fun day checking everything out.

Cousin Kerry

Lara said...

Those pictures of the boys are SO darling. They looked so handsome!

And what a treat to be able to go see a firetruck up close and meet real firemen. Wow!