
Yesterday while running errands, Parker and I happened to park next to an old Cadillac. The hood of the Cadillac sported an 'old school' hood ornament of the Cadillac logo. It didn't even come to my attention until Parker exclaimed, "Look Mom! That car won a trophy!" (I think that he must have thought that the old Cadillac was a race car just like Lightning McQueen, or Doc Hudson for that matter.)
The hood ornament didn't seem out of place to me until I realized that they don't make hood ornaments like that anymore. No wonder it caught Parker's attention. As I drove out of the parking lot a little while later I realized that it was probably the only car in the parking lot sporting it's very own 'trophy.'
It was a simple observation, but it made me realize that time just keeps moving on. It made me think of my grandparents and how much the world has changed since they were children. If I recall correctly, my Grandpa didn't even see a car until he was nine or ten. It gave me a sense of gratitude that I still have grandparents who can share their experiences with me and makes me wonder how odd my stories are going to seem to my grandchildren.
2 comments:
I wonder why they don't make hood ornaments like that anymore. I always wanted a jaguar ornament :)
I love hearing stories from the older generations and don't you think it will be the same way for our kids? I hope so!
Post a Comment