Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gingerbread House Construction


This was our project for this last weekend.  I helped the boys build the gingerbread house on friday, and Jeremy helped them decorate it on saturday.  They had a wonderful time organizing all of the candy and making the house look just right.  I have already been yelled at by both my children for trying to sneak a few gum drops into my mouth.  Boy, did I learn my lesson. 


Jeremy and the boys did a great job making our gingerbread house look just like the one on the box.  (We bought a kit, of course.)

Parker was in charge of lining the foundation of the house with gum drops.  He was very dedicated to his job and did a great job.

Connor was in charge of the tree, gingerbread man, and snowman that sit in front of the house.  He was very creative with his choice of candies.  Way to go!  It looks great!!!

5 comments:

Lara said...

Talented boys...just like their mom (and dad). That is a very impressive gingerbread house.

Anonymous said...

I think they did a really great job!! It looks awesome! What a fun activity to do as a family.

Cousin Kerry

Amy said...

wow! It turned out great! Mine never turned out that good...

Lauren said...

You've gotta love a kit!

Shill and Company said...

It is a work of art! Very nice job.