Well, I know it has been a good six weeks or so since we moved and I haven't posted any pictures. (Sorry Brook, I know that doesn't help keep you in the loop.) So, I decided I would post my favorite top ten things about my new house with a few pictures to go along. Here they are in no particular order:
1. The Backyard. I must admit, my love of this house started with the backyard. It has 10 large trees that provide ample shade all throughout the summer. I plan to add a few perennials in the back flower beds and then it will be perfect. It backs a neighborhood walking trail and creek. The boys have absolutely loved it! There is one drawback. The leaves. We are still currently raking mounds and mounds of leaves, but it is worth it for the shade they will provide during the summer.

2. I might have to rake leaves in the backyard, but the front driveway faces perfectly so that the winter sun will be able to melt the snow. We were always continually shoveling and trying to get rid of the ice on our old driveway. Say good bye to hours of back breaking work.
3. The jetted tub in the master bathroom. I have not previously been a bath taker. But I must admit there is nothing like a good soak in this tub after hours of moving boxes and furniture. Jeremy had to coax me into it at first, but now it is one of my favorite sanctuaries in the house.

4. The master bedroom. The master bedroom is larger in this house, but I love the even more spacious feeling that is created by the vaulted ceilings. Jeremy loves the ceiling fan and we both love the slightly detached placement of our bedroom.

5. Our new house has a nice large porch. It isn't huge, or a beautiful southern style wrap around porch. It is, however, wider than our previous porch. I am very proud to announce that not a single trick-or-treater fell down our front porch this year trying to fight their way back to their parents.
6. An upstairs laundry room. Heavenly!!!! Our new laundry room is right off of all of the bedrooms. No more caring laundry up and down the stairs. Wahoo!!!!

7. My children actually sleep in their
beds in their
own rooms. This is an amazing feat for our family. Before the move Connor had gotten into the strange habit of sleeping on the bathroom floor with the light on and Parker always fell asleep on our bed. We would move Parker onto his bed when we went to bed, but he would always come back to bed with us at 4 or 5 a.m. It is nice that now we have our own room too.


8. We actually have a living room. Our last house had a large foyer/room that never was really too big for a foyer and not big enough for an actual living room. This room is my other favorite sanctuary. It is so nice to curl up with a good book in our comfy chair and chill out for a bit.

9. A 3-car garage. I know this is Jeremy's favorite for sure! It is nice to be able to park in the garage with all of the bikes, yard stuff, lawn furniture, boxes and tools. I wish I could say that it was spacious and clutter free. I am just excited that at this point it can store a bunch of stuff
and we can park in there. It is going to be wonderful in the summer when we aren't trying to cram the usual summer items in there (i.e. bikes, kiddie pool, scooters,) and still be able to get to the things we need, like the lawn mower and yard tools.

10. The new carpet. New carpet is a wonderful luxury after the not so lovely forest green carpet that this house had when we bought it. It is amazing what a neutral color carpet can do for a house. I liked the house before, but now I love it! We chose this durable berber carpet for the stairs and main traffic areas. The bedrooms have a nice plush carpet in them.
Jeremy and I have totally enjoyed our new house. We are continually finding things that we enjoy and we have enjoyed getting to know our new neighbors too. My only regret it that we couldn't bring every single one of our old neighbors with us. Although it is a little to far to go for a cup of sugar or sprinkler key, it is definitely close enough we can bug you often enough. So beware, the Davis' plan to be bugging you soon!
6 comments:
Never thought I'd drool over a laundry room, but Ooohh! Upstairs sounds divine!
how fun to have so many things that you have always wanted!
I am so happy for you guys! What a great house! I don't know what I ever did without an upstairs laundry. I am glad that you now can share in my joy. Congrats.
Love it! I am so happy for you guys. The upstairs laundry is awesome. I bet it's so great to keep the laundry away from the guest areas of the house. My laundry room is also part of my kitchen. I can hardly wait to live in America again. The land of garages and laundry rooms.
Brook
Thanks for picts! I'm glad you love it (AND that you were able to get rid of forest green carpet!)
Oh, your home is beautiful. I need to come and see it again in person with the new carpet. You guys scored on that house. Isn't it amazing what some paint and new carpet can do? It's gorgeous! I am so envious of both your 3rd car garage and your back yard. It is absolutely gorgeous (the back yard, not the garage). Oh, and I am so glad that you didn't go too far!!!
Post a Comment