Just the other day I was recalling a conversation with a co-worker while I was pregnant with my first child. We were talking about the possibilities of working from home after my baby was born. I always assumed I would work from home one way or another. I remember my co-worker, a seasoned mother of three, trying to explain how difficult that actually is. I also distinctly remember replying with something like, "I am sure it would be a bit difficult, but kids take naps. Right?"I also recall another conversation with a good friend about how she couldn't even find time to read a favorite magazine. I was baffled that she couldn't find 15 minutes take a quick look at a few articles. I must admit to complete ignorance. Little did I know that raising kids would be all-consuming. I must admit to feeling a bit overwhelmed by life. But I also need to assure you that I am loving it. Life has never been more rewarding or complete. Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to lately.
We had a great Halloween. The boys are at ages where it is incredibly fun to dress up and have an adventure. Connor chose to be a vampire this year, and Parker chose to be Wolverine. Neither of them really know who those characters are, but they were insistent anyway. Avie was a little witch.
I have decided that a tu-tu is probably the most versatile part of dressing up for a little girl. Take a tu-tu and pair it with a few simple accessories and you have a witch, a pirate, a ghost, a princess, a ballarina, a fairy. . . The combinations are limitless.
Here is my favorite outfit I bought. I thought this little sweater was to die for, especially paired with the little jeans.
This is outfit number two. We christened the first outfit when Avie's diaper exploded. Have I ever told you how thankful I am for washing machines? With this baby my washer and dryer have been VERY well used. Oh yeah, I am thankful for stain remover too.
6 comments:
Regarding your ingorance: when I was expecting Jonathan, I told your mom I had purchased some books and stuff from the college bookstore to "keep myself busy" while I stayed home with the baby because I would have soooo much time on my hands! You sure learn fast, don't you? Your kids are adorable!
The little witch outfit is so cute! And if she keeps exploding diapers, try a different brand. Abby did so much better in different brands at different ages. Good luck finding all that free time you thought you'd have. Maybe in about 18 years?
I love that little tutu- so cute! And Connor and Parker, ADORABLE! I have had more than my share of eating my words when it comes to raising kids. And it doesn't stop as the kids get bigger.
Love the Halloween costumes. The boys looks to awesome. And that baby girl. It really would have been a shame if you didn't have a girl. You have her completely darling everytime I see her.
You've been busy! I'm counting down to when my kids are 18 and I can have a life of my own again :) I love all the halloween costumes, your kids are SO cute! We made tutu's at our Super Saturday and I'm so addicted! I could make a million of them!
What adorable pictures! We miss you guys so much!
I remember when I was pregnant with my first thinking that I would do everything by the book and couldn't believe other moms didn't. That lasted about two hours!
We live and learn, right?
Post a Comment